- You need to be a user of type Administrator in order to install and use the module.
- The module was tested with unmodified instances of Sugar Community Edition, Sugar Professional Edition, Sugar Enterprise Edition and SuiteCRM in different versions. Please make sure that you obtain the module package that fits to your CRM software version. Not all versions are supported. Existing customizations of your instance are not supported and may not work together with the module.
- The instances were running on top of Debian Linux 7.2 or 7.8 coming with Apache, and MySQL of the standard Debian distribution. Please check the SugarCRM documentation of supported PHP version for your Sugar version.
It is mandatory to create a backup of the instance and database before you install the module. We strongly recommended to prevent users from working in the instance, so you can rollback without any data loss until the installation is tested and looks fine (and hey, next time you use the Maintenance Mode Module to do just that ...) It is also a best practise to install the module in a test instance (exact copy of your production instance with same server setup) and make a check before your put the module into production.
- The module has to be installed using the Module Loader.
- To install the module, look for the downloaded package using the Browse button and then click on Upload. Once uploaded, it will show up in the list of available packages ready for installation. To install the package, click on the Install button.
- Once the install process is finished the install log will be displayed.
- In the Admin section go to Repair and click on Quick Repair. Then clear the Cache including cookies of your web browser.
The module can be uninstalled using the Module Loader in the Admin section.
- Simply click on the Uninstall button.
- Click on Commit to start the uninstall process. Click on Do not Remove Tables if you want to upgrade to a new module version and preserve the settings. Click on Remove Tables if you wish not to continue with the module or reset any settings during deinstallation.
- Once the module is uninstalled, click on Back to Module Loader.
- In the Admin section go to Repair and click on Quick Repair.
- After the Quick Repair make sure to run "Execute SQL" for any generated SQL statements.
For further information, call +49 711 5088727-0 or visit www.mycrm.de.