Need to turn off access to SugarCRM temporarily while you upgrade your servers? Doing a big code deploy and want to avoid any issues with users? Simply turn on a Maintenance Mode message which disables logging into SugarCRM.
A Cleaner Way to Upgrade SugarCRM
Whether you are upgrading SugarCRM, updating your server, or doing general maintenance this add-on will prove a life saver. When activated you can display a custom message to your SugarCRM users that includes important information on what is being done and when they can expect to be able to use it again. This then keeps them out of the system preventing and sort of data loss issues and other possible confusions. A great added benefit is that admins can still log in and do additional work with SugarCRM if they have the maintenance password.
Maintenance Mode Module was designed with the objective of allowing CRM Administrators to activate a mode that prevents other users from logging into the application during an maintenance.
Some of the common challenges of an maintenance window are:
- Some users forgort the maintenance announcement and stay logged in when the maintenance has started or some users login too early again during the maintenance windows. This can cause various problems from data loss to inconsistencies and of course emotional feedback in a very negative sense for the administrator.
- Htaccess is uncomfortable for non technical users or even unpractitable if you have a fully managed instance. It also does not solve the problem of users logged in when an maintenance window has started.
Some of the benefits are:
- Users can be automatically logged out when the mode is activated.
- At the same time certain users that have received a maintenance password can log in again and do their job.
- CRM Adminstrators can activate the maintenance mode, no need to ask IT staff.
- Peace of mind in front of your CRM users. Professional handling of maintenance windows is what is expected from an Administrator.
- Installs in a few minutes. Easy to learn and use.
Let’s highlight the main functionality that Maintenance Mode Module can provide to you.
- Allows administrators to activate a mode that keeps users logged out.
- Allows administrators to allow certain users to log in again by giving password protected access.
- Installs in a few minutes by Sugar Module Loader
MyCRM has a proven track record of delivering business value to its customers by implementing mission-critical CRM solutions.
Our services include business process engineering, customization, configuration, custom development, application integration, training, support and hosting provided in private clouds.
Further on we offer a range of third party integration products and extensions for software powered by SugarCRM.
MyCRM is a company headquartered in Germany serving customers worldwide since 2005.
For further information, call +49 711 5088727-0 or visit www.mycrm.de.
Check the manual for a comprehensive overview.
Other add-ons of interest
Glances - Integrate All Your Applications
Accomplish More Every Day. Spend your time on getting things done, not on finding information. Glances securely connects all of your apps and provides a simplified view of the data you need right when you need it, in real time.
Manually run scheduler jobs and queued jobs with the click of the button. Great for testing and debugging your schedulers. Stop waiting on the cron and get your work done faster. Great for On-demand systems.