Control what your users can access and save time, money, and frustrations. Lock down sensitive data in SugarCRM or SuiteCRM to specific groups or teams. Supports unlimited assigned users, unlimited group assignments to records, custom layouts for each group, login/sudo capabilities and much more.
#1751 - Security group access not functioning
Hi, I have an issue and I am trying to work out what the problem could be. I followed the link for a typical setup of the groups and roles and have assigned the leads but to no avail. I only need 2 levels of users so it shouldn't be that hard. Here is my scenario:
- I have 10 groups setup which represent 10 sales office locations, all with their own leads.
- I have marketing managers that need to see all leads and are basically admin level rights. <= This one is working ok.
- I have sales reps that need to see all leads within the sales office, and some sales reps that work across multiple offices. <= Currently, no matter what I try, the sales reps can only see leads assigned to themselves.
- I have setup a workflow to automatically relate a sales office to a group, and assign it round robin to a sales person in the office <= This is working
- Leads are automated from a web form to suiteCRM.
I have tried the following:
- I setup as per the typical setup link I read about. 3 roles. Marketer (access to all), Sales (access to group) and Owner (access to own). I applied the Owner to the Groups, the Sales to the sales rep users and the marketer to the marketing users.
- I tried the typical setup link with the Owner access set to Group only for Leads.
- I tried the typical setup link with the Sales access set to All only for Leads. <= result was seeing all groups.
- I setup 2 groups, Marketer (access to all) and Sales (access to groups) and applied Sales to sales rep users and groups.
Now I did purchase the full SecuritySuite and tried to install that but I got an error 17% in so gave up. Not sure if this may have affected something. I have a client meeting in 12 hours so would very much like to know what I am doing wrong as soon as possible. Thanks for your assistance!
Other add-ons of interest
Save Your Team Countless Hours. SugarChimp syncs your lists in both directions so that you can work in your preferred application. Segment and Group your MailChimp subscribers based on SugarCRM data so you can market to the right people at the right time. Fully compatible with all versions and e...
SugarCRM Survey Rocket
SugarCRM Survey Plugin
With Survey Rocket, a SugarCRM survey plugin, you can build surveys that trigger automatically to get real-time feedback from customers. It gives custom survey templates, online polls and more. Moreover, you can use the CRM data using inward and outward piping mechanism.