by Fanatical Labs

Save Your Team Countless Hours. SugarChimp syncs your lists in both directions so you can work in your preferred app. Segment and group your Mailchimp subscribers based on Sugar data so you can market to the right people at the right time. Compatible with all versions and editions of Sugar and SuiteCRM.

Free Trial

By clicking you consent to share your profile with the developer

#3859 - Disable info back to SugarCRM

Closed Feature created by redk - Professional Services BCN 4 years ago

Hi Jon,

How are you?

I have a question about the feature "Subscriber Sync to SugarCRM". Our customer needs to disable that sync (from MailChimp to SugarCRM) because they don't want to: - Update subscribers data in SugarCRM. They want to avoid the field mapping of subscribers between MailChimp and SugarCRM. (Main topic!!!!!) - Create new subscribers in SugarCRM. The don't need this behaviour although if it happens it wouldn't be a problem.

So we've executed the following command:'CREATE',SUGAR.App.api.buildURL('SugarChimp/setting/subscriber_sync_enabled/0'),{},{}); Currently the data of subscribers isn't being updated and it isn't possible creating of new subscribers from Mailchimp. Both behaviours are fine.

Where is the problem? The MailChimp Activities (module MailChimp Activities of SugarCRM) aren't being updated neither. Is there any possibility to update the MailChimp Activities module into SugarCRM although the subscribers sync keeps disabled? How could we do it?

Please let me know if it's possible. Thank you very much and kind regards

Beatriz Reviejo Product owner in redk

  1. fanaticallabs member avatar

    Fanatical Labs Provider Affiliate

    4 years ago

    Hello Bea,

    Thank you for reaching out. Subscriber Syncing does not turn off incoming MailChimp Activities. If those are not coming in, then we are having issues with that process. Can you check the webhooks on your MailChimp list(s)? Are they there as expected?

    Thanks, Jon

  2. fhanoun member avatar

    Hi Jon,

    We've checked it and the MailChimp activities are already syncing from MailChimp to SugarCRM module. There're new records related to the actions/activities of the subscribers (clicks, opens or sends). It works :)

    The problem is the sync of invalid emails. This action isn't syncing to SugarCRM. Note: we shouldn't to activate the subscribers sync because we must to avoid the data updating in SugarCRM (Name, Surname, Address...) So we think the execution of the following command is right:'CREATE',SUGAR.App.api.buildURL('SugarChimp/setting/subscriber_sync_enabled/0'),{},{}); Isn't it?

    We'd need keep activated the sync: 1- From MailChimp to SugarCRM, over the field of email in SugarCRM (invalid, refused emails mangement) 2- MailChimp activities into SugarCRM module Also we'd need to keep disabled the subscribers data sync (Name, Surname, Address...) from MailChimp to SugarCRM

    Is it possible? If we don't solve this problem the customer won't use SugarChimp no more. Any idea or solution?

    I hope you can help us Thank you very much and regards


  3. fanaticallabs member avatar

    Fanatical Labs Provider Affiliate

    4 years ago

    Hello Bea,

    This setup is definitely possible. It SHOULD be syncing correctly for you now. If it is not, then we need to figure out why. I suggest we get on a screenshare to look at their SugarCRM and MailChimp system and find where the breakdown is happening. Can you schedule us a time to look at that here:

    Schedule a Meeting

    We will get it figured out. The integration will definitely work the way your client needs it to. I look forward to talking with you soon.

    Thanks! Jon

  4. fanaticallabs member avatar

    Fanatical Labs Provider Affiliate

    4 years ago

    Hello again,

    I wanted to update this case after our call. So, I was incorrect in saying that unsubscribes would comes through after subscriber_sync_enabled is set to 0. They are blocked. So, we had to change our configurations so that unsubscribes came through but profile updates did not. We updated these configs: webhook_add_to_list / 5 webhood_profile_enabled / 0 subscriber_sync_enabled / 1

    After those changes, we tested an update from MailChimp to name, and it did not come across. Then we unsubscribed the record from MailChimp and the unsubscribe came across correctly.

    Everything should be as you need it going forward. I'm going to go ahead and close this case out, but reply here if you find any issues during your testing.

    Cheers! Jon

This case is public. Please leave out any sensitive information such as URLs, passwords, etc.
Saving Comment Saving Comment...