Member SinceDecember 4th, 2014
Last SeenNovember 5th, 2018
wesgbrooks does not have any add-ons for sale.
Support July 27th, 2015 @ 8:52 pm
I have reviewed the link. Is there a way to check and see which of the issues it actually is? e.g. we suspect that it is maybe this issue:
If someone has previously unsubscribed from your MailChimp list, MailChimp may not let them be re-added to the list.
You may have multiple records in the Sugar Target List that have matching email addresses. Since the integration matches MailChimp subscribers and SugarCRM Contacts/Targets/Leads/Accounts by email address, only one MailChimp Subscriber can be created for each unique email address in Sugar.
But on the mailchimp backend, it looks as though the subscription is good. Is there a log or something you can check on your side? (or somewhere we can look on our side that would be more detailed?)
It is possible the email is linked up to another list, but when searching the entire backend, the only one we have that pops up on the mailchimp side of things has the custom fields we've added, but is still not in sync.
Is there a way to determine which of these issues it is concretely?View Comment
Support January 5th, 2015 @ 4:46 pm
1) Email1 field is listed, and is what we're using for our email address field on accounts.
2) All fields in MailChimp are unchecked, saying they are not required.
Any other ideas we can try?View Comment
Support December 22nd, 2014 @ 9:36 pm
Also - the email field in accounts is the original field, and it looks identical to the email field in contacts. We have a screenshot of the field mapping page showing the missing space where it automatically syncs the email field to the other module types. Is this something that we're doing wrong, or is it that sugarchimp can't sync accounts to mailchimp?View Comment
Support December 22nd, 2014 @ 8:49 pm
Hey Sugarchimp, it looks like we may have figured out the issue. Here's the details from our engineering team:
"So we tried a few things with Sugarchimp, we uninstalled the module from SugarCRM, deleted leftover tables, etc and then reinstalled it. Kept trying to sync accounts but no luck. Created new target lists and new mailchimp lists, still no luck.
But if you look under Field Mapping in SugarCRM, you'll see that there is no email address field listed for the Accounts module, there is however a field for Contacts, Targets, and Leads.
We created a new target list with Contacts and created a new list in Mailchimp to see if the problem was with syncing the accounts module, the sync worked with that setup. It's looking like the Sugarchimp module has issues syncing Accounts."
Our setup requires using Accounts as the primary record source that is to be sent to MailChimp. Is there any way for us to make that happen?View Comment
Support December 15th, 2014 @ 3:14 pm
Our dev team is still working to resolve this - sorry for the delayed response. On Dec 4th, here's what they gave me as a summary of what they're working on.
"we're not using raw SQL -- rather the SugarCRM API (same as always, same as on other sugar projects we've done). So direct SQL shouldn't be it.
We will have to add some more records and use the SugarChimp documentation to examine the SugarChimp queue and see if they are added there, or not.
It might be a minor difference between the free and paid sugarCRMs, as well. We will probably have to check the sugarchimp queue manually after our API call, if that's the root issue, probably add it manually if it isn't there.
So maybe just one of those things we'll have to deal with specially. It will take us some time to investigate further. "
When I asked for an update on Friday, here's what they sent over:View Comment
"Everything appears to be working correctly RE the API but we can confirm the messages aren't added to the queue. We are looking into adding them manually. This may be a difference in Sugar (the paid version) and Sugar (the community version) because we are for sure NOT doing this with raw sql..."
Support December 4th, 2014 @ 5:11 pm
Looks like the log reports a success of syncing all the emails that MailChimp did not kick back as false emails. Still working on what caused the CRM database failure to the list though.
That being said, why could it be that the sync works 1x after manually forcing the resync, but otherwise, it won't sync, even when cron appears to be working?
We're automatically adding new accounts to the target list when a new account is created programmatically elsewhere, but after the account is added to the target list, it never shows up in MailChimp without manually forcing the sync as described before.View Comment
Support December 4th, 2014 @ 4:48 pm
1) The correct Target List ("New Rewards Members") has the correct MailChimp List ("Rewards Members [Accounts]") listed.
2) The accounts all have email addresses for those accounts. The account view at the bottom of the target list view shows each account to have a registered email. Also, after clicking the account name, the email address shows up in the individual account view.
3) Followed your instructions to manually force the resync, and "Pending to MailChimp" confirms that 1 list, and 16 Targets/Leads/Contacts are set to sync.
So.... After manually forcing the resync, 9 new emails out of the 16 (1 had been added previously, and 3 were @example.com) were synced correctly, which means 3 accounts were unaccounted for. Upon reviewing the target list, I now have an error for this list only (this hasn't happened before), that says "Database Failure. Please refer to sugarcrm.log for details". It looks like only this specific target list has been effected, not any other target lists or other modules. I'm sending this error to our dev team to see what the error was in the logs.View Comment
wesgbrooks has not rated any add-ons.
wesgbrooks has not verified any add-ons.
wesgbrooks has not created any Wanted Add-ons.