Box is a simple, scalable and affordable solution to manage documents, media and all your content online. Share files as a link. Sync files on the desktop. It’s file sharing, reinvented. You can securely access, share and collaborate on files anywhere. Now you can take Box one step further with the ability to manage everything you do in Box, all within Sugar.
Installing the Add-on
Add the integration to your cart and select check out.
Once payment is complete, you will receive an email with access to a downloadable zip file. The zip file will contain detailed installation instructions, product documentation, and the installation files. Please allow 24 hours for delivery.
Once you have installed the required files, you will be prompted to enter in your unique license key. This key will be emailed to you after you place the order.
If you have not received your license key with in 24 hours please call us at 818 280 4820.
Installing the Box Integration is a very straightforward process. To install, you will need admin access to your SugarCRM instance and access to your Box account.
- After purchasing and downloading the module from your member area, go to the Module Loader in SugarCRM. You can get there by click ing "Admin" in the menu in the top right, then scroll down to the Developer Tools section and click Module Loader.
- Upload the zip package file, and click Upload.
- After it uploads, click Install, agree to the Terms and Commit the installation. It may take a couple of minutes for the installation to complete.
- After it completes, go back to Admin and click Repair. Then click "Quick Repair and Rebuild".
Once you've done this, the module is installed! Now that it's installed, it's time to configure!
Configuration is a simple process. During this process we will create a Box "Application". This will give us the box credentials that we need to connect to our Box account from Sugar.
- Login to Box and go here: https://app.box.com/developers/services and click "Create a Box Application". Give it a name, select "Box Content" and click "Create Application"
- Now Click "Configure Application". You'll be taken to a page that has a lot of information, but the important pieces are the "client_id" and "client_secret". Leave this page open for now.
- Go to your Sugar instance now. Go to Admin then click "SugarBox Settings". Set the "Application URL" to https://app.box.com then set the "Client ID" and "Client Secret" to the values from the Box from step 2. Then connect to Box.
- A window will popup that will let you authorize your Box account. If a popup window does not show up, make sure your browser isn't blocking the popup.
- After the connection is made, click on the "Sugar Modules Configuration/Mapping" tab. This is how you tell Box to link to Sugar Modules. We'll walk through how to link Accounts, and it will work the same way for all other modules you want to link.
- Select "Accounts" for the "Module" dropdown.
- The next dropdown shows a list of your top-level folders in your Box account. If you haven't created any folders in your Box account, you will need to do that now. Create a folder called "Accounts" in the top-level directory of Box. After doing this, go back to Sugar and select "Accounts" from the list.
- The Field Name dropdown allows you to select which field on the Sugar Accounts module links to the Box Folder name. In this case, we want to use the 'name' field so that you can look at the name of the Box folder and know exactly what account you're dealing with. Now hit save.
That's it! The Box Integration is installed and configured. You can now link more modules to Box if you like at this time.
If you have additional questions or need help, simply Create a Support Case.
Other add-ons of interest
RT GSync: GMail, GCalendar; GDrive Integration
Become more efficient! Enter everything just once. Automatically sync Emails, Calendars, Contacts, and Documents between Google Apps and Sugar. Get your Gmail, Contacts, Calendar items and Documents automatically synced instantly with this seamless integration.