Save Your Team Countless Hours. SugarChimp syncs your lists in both directions so that you can work in your preferred application. Segment and Group your MailChimp subscribers based on SugarCRM data so you can market to the right people at the right time. Fully compatible with all versions and editions of Sugar and SuiteCRM.
Sync Sugar Fields to MailChimp
A Sugar and MailChimp integration wouldn't be much good if you could only sync names and email addresses! That's why we've created a Field Mapping Tool that allows you to sync all fields on your Contact, Target, and Lead Modules. This will allow you to do some pretty advanced segmenting on CRM data while inside MailChimp.
With Field Mapping you can send more effective campaigns with personalized emails and highly segmented lists.
- By default, SugarChimp only syncs email address, first name, and last names
- Field Mapping is unique to each list. So you will have to setup your field mappings individually for each synced list
- Your MailChimp list must have the desired field to map to already whether it is a custom/default field or a group to sync with before we can use our Field Mapping Tool. Need Help adding Fields in MailChimp?
To get there, simply go to "Admin", scroll to the SugarChimp section, and click "Field Mapping".
Here's how to sync all the fields you care about:
Setup your Field Mapping
- Select the MailChimp list you would like to work with from the dropdown menu.
- The first column contains all of the fields and groups that are on your MailChimp list.
- The other columns represent the Contact, Target, and Lead Modules that SugarChimp syncs to. You can select exactly which fields in MailChimp are linked to on the Sugar side.
- If you do not want to sync any data with a certain Module, simply change all the dropdowns in that column to 'do not sync'. (The example above will not sync any data with the Target Module.
- Go through all of the fields and set the fields you would like to map accordingly. (What if I can't find the right field in Sugar?)
- When you're done with that, click the "Continue" button at the bottom.
Queue a Re-Sync
Now that you have setup your mapping, you will be presented with a few options. It will look like the screenshot below (if you are not syncing a MailChimp Group field you will not see the red messages). You need to tell SugarChimp to run a re-sync of your list so that the data in the new mapped fields get populated in MailChimp. Please read the messages on this step carefully. Select an option from the "Re-sync Options" dropdown and click "Save Mapping & Start Re-sync". This will save your field mapping changes and queue a re-sync for the list in the direction that you select from the dropdown. And that's it!
If you do not wish to re-sync, here are the other options:
"Cancel & Go Back" - This button will prevent any changes from being made to your mapping and take you back to the Field Mapping page.
"Save Mapping & Do NOT Start Re-sync" - This button will save your field mapping but will NOT queue a re-sync for your list. If you are syncing MailChimp Groups with a Sugar Field, this could cause potential for a loss of data.
One thing you will want to make sure is that your MailChimp List field type are either "Text", "Radio Buttons" or "Dropdowns". You can also sync MailChimp Groups with a SugarCRM dropdown or multiselect.
Going forward, when people are synced to and from Sugar and MailChimp all mapped fields will be kept in sync. For example, if sales person in Sugar learns that someone's last name was misspelled, they can simple update the last name in Sugar and SugarChimp will automatically update the synced MailChimp Subscriber so the most up-to-date information is available in MailChimp without the sales person ever having to talk to someone in Marketing or waste time logging in herself to update MailChimp.
Special Note about Syncing Related Fields
If you can't find a field in your dropdown menu
You are probably looking for a related field, such as a Contact's Account Type or a Lead's Opportunity Amount. These fields must be handled uniquely to be sent to MailChimp. In order to sync related fields to MailChimp, you will need the Ultimate edition of SugarChimp. Within the Ultimate edition, you will see the related fields directly within the dropdown menu.
MailChimp to Sugar syncing of related fields
Any syncing of related fields will only happen from Sugar to MailChimp. SugarChimp will not update related modules based on changes from the MailChimp side. This is simply the safest way to handle your data. If you have any further questions regarding the syncing of related fields, contact support!
Special Note about Syncing Dropdowns and MutliSelect Fields
SugarChimp fully supports syncing of Dropdowns and MultiSelect fields from Sugar into MailChimp. However, this can be one of the more difficult pieces to the integration. We have a dedicated page to help you learn all about how to sync Dropdowns and MultiSelects between Sugar and MailChimp!
If you cannot figure out how to get your fields mapped drop us a line and we'll get you all fixed up.
Other add-ons of interest
Viabl is a relationship automation tool that transforms your SugarCRM activity data into actionable intelligence that keeps your business aware of the health and status of relationships with your customers and contacts.
SugarCRM Box Integration Application
Box is a simple, scalable and affordable solution to manage documents, media and all your content online. Share files as a link. Sync files on the desktop. It’s file sharing, reinvented. You can securely access, share and collaborate on files anywhere. Now you can take Box one step further with t...